WHY AM I HERE?!
I'm here because it is a very special day in my life :). hmmm.. May 20th.. you may be asking, but Stephanie I don't know of any highly anticipated books coming out, or Taylor Swift doesn't seem to be introducing a new album so why is this day so special?!
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WHOOT WHOOT!
Yep I'm finally 16 (so old ahhhh)
I honestly didn't have any epiphanies or anything at all. I even had a chem quiz today. However, I'd like to thank everybody for everything. (I often think birthdays make you more grateful for everything than thanksgiving + there's presents so it's sort of like thanksgiving + christmas?!!!)
In the past 16 years of my life I have experienced lots of things and done many things. I couldn't have done anything without my family (duh how else would I get birthed) Also my twin sister (so yes it's her birthday too) and my older sister. Next, I am more than grateful for my many friends who are able to handle my extreme weirdness and not run away screaming. Last, but not least, I'd like to thank the bookish community for being a part of my last half a year and already impacting me so much!
For fun I'll do a little 16 random facts about me:
1. I love dogs (like a lot), but I can't have one.
2. I wear glasses. (and have been for the past 7 years!)
3. I can tell the difference between my twin sister and I even in our baby pics!
4. I run a bookstagram! (@bringing.paperback) (lol shameless self promo)
5. I love to bake! (but I'm pretty bad... especially with macaroons)
6. I laugh a lot and sometimes really weirdly...
7. At the same time I'm shy (especially with adults or strangers)
9. I have to try to dream to fall asleep
10. I don't like coffee or tea (sorry, but thank god I don't get very sleep very often!)
11. I really like cheesecake.
12. I am a sophomore in high school (or I think that's year 10 or 11 in the UK?!)
13. My signature on all my posts is a crown because that's what my name (stephanie) means!
14. I used to have a guinea pig and in her honor I am vegetarian one week a year from the day she died.
15. I have an identical twin sister.
16. I have no idea what to be or do when I grow up.
(that was a lot harder than I though! I almost just quit at 9 lol)
Comment your birthdays down below! Thank you again for everything! (Now I'm going to go eat or read ;) !! )
UGH AP TESTS SO HARD. This year is my first year taking a AP test and I'm so stressed. (I'm taking AP Human Geography) Since I don't have much time to talk I like to hear what you guys are taking! (If you aren't from the US I think AP Tests are somewhat like GCSE for UK and idk for other places SORRY if you know let me know!) So yea comment below on what courses you are taking!
Forcing a Book Slump
You probably all think I'm crazy. Who would do that to themselves right? Well it's almost AP's and so I decided to stop reading for awhile but it's been a lot harder than I thought! I miss having the back of my mind running around in another world while I live in mine.
What do you guys like to do when you can't read? I've been studying of course but I was just wondering :) I'd like to know more about you guys so in the comments mention whether or not you're as crazy as me and has also participated in a forced book slump and also a favorite hobby and why!
OR simply just start a conversation in the comments below because I like to get to know a bit more about any of you that read my reviews and blog post!
Back to School + Finals Week
This has been one long spring break and now it's over... For most people this just means going back to school again, but unfortunately my school has decided to put finals... right. after. spring. break?! Who does that?! Instead of having the usual relaxing break I've had a week of tons of projects and very little reading. Enough of this depressing news so instead I've decided to sum up the fun things I've done over break.
1. Finally start The Young Elites ( IT WAS SO GOOD THANKS @booksthetics aka Nani )
2. I watched Zootopia (AND SO SHOULD YOU! LOVED IT!!)
3. I tried to hike with cats with my sisters (dog owners were totally judging us)
4. Went to the library and got a buncha books to read after finals are over!
5. I started the #aprilbookshowers challenge on instagram and I hope to be able to keep up!
6. I watched LOTS of youtube videos...
Not much but still had a pretty decent spring break! Overall I just had a nice slow paced week amidst many future busy weeks and it was nice to really de-stress myself just a little. Now it's time to get back into things *sigh* let's just not how about instead you tell me a bit about your break!? (or if you're one of the lucky one's that just started break what you plan on doing!)
Weekly Update + Spring Break Plans
Spring has sprung! Spring break has finally arrived which means.... BOOKS! Yea at least I hoped but so far it hasn't look very book friendly... The past three days has consisted of:
- a bit of homework/projects
- FINALLY watching: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ( I'M SO LATE)
kung fu panda 3
ZOOTOPIA (SO GOOD)
- hiking with my older sister's cats ... it was interesting and we were judged a lot but it was fun
Sadly I haven't even finished ONE book yet but I have started the Young Elites and I'm hoping to get that finished up sometime tonight! This could be hard however due to the fact that I have three humongous projects this week and no idea how to even start them... so sooner or later I'm going to have to get that done as well as spring cleaning (my room) which is quite hard task when I sort of clutter everything. (That's what it looks like to everyone else but I swear I can find anything!)
Let me know how your spring break is going/ has gone/ will be in the comments below as well as what books I should read later on this break when I have the chance or just any other sort of activities.
PS be ready for a review tomorrow!
Time feels slow or fast or somewhere inbetween. It's weird how it's so constant but never feels that way. Currently our school is going through the process of choosing next year's classes and it's just really hit me that I only have TWO years left of high school. LIKE WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN... I swear sometimes when people ask how old I am I feel like saying 10 instead of 15. (anyone else feel?!) Now is about the time where a trip to Neverland sounds pretty good because I know the next two years will be crazy and probably affect the rest of my life. I'm so grateful for books because I can stop and relax once in awhile even when the rest of my life is absurdly quick. Enough about me though, I want to know more about you guys so in the comments feel free to comment how you fast or slow your life feels right now! Sorry for a quick and easy read this sunday but it's been busy! I'll be sure to have a better post up next week because it will FINALLY be Spring Break!!!!!! (ahah ugh the school life though). Thanks for sticking with me and don't forget to comment!
Sorry for missing last week's SWS post but I've caught up and here I am! I've acquired quite a few AMAZING books since the last time I've updated and some of them have been posted on my instagram (bringing.paperback) (shameless self promo) but I've also gotten a couple more as well after a trip to the library and barnes and nobles! Ready? Here we go!
(scroll to the bottom for covers!)
Book Outlet Haul:
*seriously book outlet is so cheap I couldn't stop myself and even purchased some old favorites I've read... oops aha
1. How To Say I Love You Out Loud by Karole Cozzo
- I've been interested in reading this one for awhile and it's a lot smaller than I thought, but I still can't wait!
2.The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise by Matthew Crow
- Honestly I haven't heard about this book but it was in the popular scroll box and the synopsis was interesting so I went ahead and got it!
3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- This is honestly one my most favoritest books (I like it so much grammar no longer applies) but yea I had to :)
4.The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
- I was a bit skeptical of this one because of some reviews I had read but I read a couple more and decided to go with it because why not?! (are we sensing a theme... ahah oops)
5.Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Beautiful book and one of the ones that I decided to buy just cause it was an old favorite of mine, but I plan on rereading it when I get the time!
6.Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Love Rainbow Rowell's books so I went ahead and purchased this as well!
7.The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
- Again... sorry the synopsis just peaked my curiousity so into my cart it went!
Barnes and Nobles (semi haul?):
1.Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- I AM SO LATE ON THIS AND I REALLY REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS AHHHHHH
2.The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
- Can anyone pass over this cover? (and the many amazing reviews I've heard about this one!?)
3.The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- I've been intrigued for FOREVER and so many people have been urging me to read this so I HAD to get it!
4.Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- At this point you're either not reading or incredibly disappointed with me because seriously!? I'm probably the only person that hasn't started this series yet I KNOW BUT I ALSO CAN'T WAIT and now I seriously have no excuses
Library mini Haul:
*I have an amazing library so might as well use it! (although I really actually wanted to buy lots of their books...
1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING and a review to come but yea this is definitely a regret of mine because I really want to own this book now...
2. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- I'm so excited to start this book and I've only heard good things so far!!
3. Four - A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth
- I love when authors give more after it seems like everything's said and done!
4.Storm Siren by Mary Weber
- Heard about this one here and there but I actually don't know much about it although the cover has me pretty intrigued!
Hey guys! I wanted to try out a little blog segment where we can just talk about anything: school, books (if you guys want more!), and just life in general! First I'd like to give you guys some background on myself and why I even started this whole blog. Of course it started with my love of books. My parents were always scared that when I read a book I'd bring myself into a different world and never come back, even they could see how immersed I was for the books I read. Of course I didn't have that concern, in fact I think that's one of my best talents: being able to completely put myself into a different world, even if it's just temporarily. It's a bit like the idea of meditation. When I was younger I would always check out my library card to the max and many people asked how I could even enjoy lengthy (for a child anyway) chapter books at my young age. I explained to them how, for me, it wasn't really book, it was more like a movie I was always able to imagine and picture everything unconsciously everything just fell together in my brain. Tell me I'm not the only one that does this?! Anyways due to school and homework I eventually stopped reading, because I just didn't have the time. Then I rediscovered the Harry Potter series. I KNOW I WAS SO LATE... I read it in first grade but something about it freaked me out so I ended it reading the entire series in one week 6 years later. It was AMAZING and it sparked something in me to start reading again. I've been reading again since then but I have so many books to catch up on! I didn't really have time, but I started making time to read, because books just make life better. Then in 2015 due to looking through my friend Nicole's blog, fiction-freak.com, and a push from her I made my own blog. I think this has been one of the best things I've ever done and with making this I've also found a whole new group of bookish people just like me! The bookish community is absolutely amazing and beautiful and full of just the kindest people ever and I couldn't be more grateful that I found it. Thanks for spending time with me on my first Sunday's with Steph!
PS. Tell me if you liked this I'll be doing my best to post one every Sunday! (Sorry I didn't add any artwork on this post I'll do my best to add one to the next one! )
I HAVEN'T HAD ANY FREE TIME IN FOREVER! That also means I haven't been able to touch a book since around January! This has by far been one of the worst book slumps I've had but not to fear! If you are in the same case as me here are some tips and tricks for getting out of a book slump!
. 1. Order more books:
If you have anymore tips and tricks please comment below I'd love to hear them!
I also added some of my own art to brighten up this post hope you liked it and please tell me if you'd like to see more! (sorry for it being quite chunky, I use a macbook and the pen pressure doesn't work)
Thanks for reading!
Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg
"The sequel to the number-one bestseller Girl Online. Penny joins her rock-star boyfriend, Noah, on his European music tour.
Penny's bags are packed.
When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend.
But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot . . . and her blog, Girl Online.
Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in pursuit of the perfect summer?"
Review: ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING!!!! (If you haven't read the first book, Girl Online go do that first!) Zoe Sugg has yet again written another AMAZING read. I know I can be a bit biased when it comes to anything Zoella.... because it's Zoella, but I swear this was an AMAZING book. Besides the extraordinary fact that I got A SIGNED COPY (I KNOW!! I freaked out in the middle of Barnes and Nobles and I was SUPER tempted to get all of the signed copies) but the continuation of Penny's life really got interesting.
Of course the Title, Girl Online On Tour, gave away a bit of what was to happen but to actually see everything unfold the way it did was amazing. However, before I get to the plot, I really have to give credits to Zoe for being able to show the effects of anxiety the way she did and also give a glimpse of what she probably has to face everyday.
Of course Penny's extravagant life is not something most people get to have an experience of, but somehow this book still really connects with everyday life as well. I love that it's written in first person because it really helps you feel like you are actually in Penny's position, and it also allows the reader to really connect with Penny more. Not only that but any blogger that read the Girl Online series can connect with her even more. I especially envy Penny's group of blog readers because I really hope I can get to meet as many people as she does and I love that she is able to connect with so many people just through words. Penny's world is one with so many twists and turns from lost cell phones to a crazy love life. Throughout the book my perspectives changed of Leah, Noah, and Blake the most. Let me start with Leah. I honestly thought she was going to follow her portrayal of being a rich and snobby person, but I was SO WRONG. She actually reminded me of a friend I have from Dubai. Although they are both rich, they are incredibly kind. These kind of people really touch my heart the most because I know they could easily brag about their money, but instead they just show kindness. It is truly amazing. Then there's Noah. I honestly LOVED Noah after the first book, but this book changed my thoughts about him. Obviously, people make mistakes but seeing Noah and Penny grow apart literally made me cry. It seemed like a perfect ending after the first book the hardships were pretty unexpected for me. I was just incredibly thankful for the way he sort of redeemed himself by the end of the story, because #Poah #Nenny?? LOL I don't know but I really just wanted that happy ending for them and Zoe definitely delivered that.
Includes: Love, internet, boy band(sorta), happiness, and some tears
Cover: 5/5 ( I love how it goes the with first book! and THAT ROSE GOLD!!!)
Favorite Quote: "
A fan of anything fiction, furry, & fun.